Unemployed or Under Employed Parents


Are you out of work? Review this flyer to learn about options that may be available to displaced workers.

If you have experienced an employment related change in income, you may be eligible for a modification of your current child support order.

We are required to review orders upon your request. If you would like us to review the amount of our order for the support of your child(ren), we will need your consent to do so.

If you request a review of your support amount, a new amount will be calculated using the income of both parents and the cost to add the child to your health insurance. Once a review is started it cannot be stopped. A review may result in an increase or decrease of your child support.

Click here to access the forms online and print them.


If you were recently paroled, please review the links below to learn how the LCSA may be able to help you with your child support case and about Social Security benefits that may be available in order to assist you with a successful re-entry. Please explore the links provided on the Social Security Benefits After Incarceration webpage, which provide additional resources that may be able to assist you with re-entry such as health care and assistance in obtaining sustainable employment.

Child Support Help for Recently Paroled
Social Security Benefits After Incarceration:What You Need to Know
How To Expunge a Criminal Record

The EDD Bond program provides employers with a Fidelity bond (insurance) at no cost to them for up to six months to protect an employer against possible theft, dishonest or fraudulent acts when they hire or promote a high risk employee. Individuals who may be considered high risk to an employer are as follows:

  • Ex-offenders
  • Recovering substance abusers
  • Welfare recipients
  • Bad credit
  • Dishonorably discharged
  • Economically disadvantaged youth and adults who lack work history

Additional Information

Job seekers, current employees, and employers please review the EDD Fidelity Bonding Program Fact Sheet for additional information.

How to apply for bond certification

Job seekers, employees or employers may apply by visiting your nearest EDD Workforce Services or EDA One-Stop office. In order to expedite the process, you may also complete Section B and Section C only of the Fidelity Bond Certification Request and take the completed form with you.

If you reside in California, but are not in the Riverside County area and would like to locate a Workforce Development Center or One-Stop near you, please select the link below.

Locate a One-Stop Career Center